Hitech Group is committed to protecting your privacy and security of your personal data. The protection of your privacy and personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention in our business processes. We process your personal data, provided by you voluntarily during visits to our website, in accordance with the applicable law of the country where our website is maintained.
- Personal data that we collect
Personal data refers to data that lets HITECH GROUP know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, age, gender, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). We collect your personal data which you provide us, inter alia, in scenarios such as- (i) in response to a survey; (ii) in case you register for events; (iii) when registering for personalized services; or (iv) requesting information about our product or use of our services or request for customer support etc. We may ask you to provide your personal data relevant for the scenarios such as your name, address, zip code, phone number, email address and collect your IP address, location data, information about your device, etc. Not all of the personal data HITECH GROUP holds about you will always come directly from you. It may, for example, come from your employer or other organizations to which you belong or through our retail network and preferred partners. However, HITECH GROUP collects personal data about you when you interact with this site and/or utilize products or services offered on this site. For example:
We may use a third party service provider to assist us with some features of our site. Our service provider will receive your information on our behalf and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose.
We may also ask you for personal data in connection with other interactions you have with this website, including when you answer a survey and when you report a problem with this site or services offered on this site.
We collect your personal data if you wish to do business with us in the form of dealership/ distributorship (through dealer/ distributor applications).
We also collect personal data from third parties such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites, to offer services we think may be of interest and to help us maintain data accuracy, provide, and enhance the services.
Payment information including credit/ debit card details, bank account number, bank account type, bank names, etc. may be collected by our associated payment gateways. Such data shall be used solely for processing your transactions.
Vehicle details including model, year, color, vehicle registration number and selling details which includes invoice particulars, warranty details, dealer name and year of purchase.
Details of how you used our website.
Device event information such as caches, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, time spent on those pages and other statistics and referral URL.
Community Discussion Boards
HITECH GROUP websites may contain links to other websites. HITECH GROUP shall not be responsible for the privacy or the content of such websites even if:
You accessed the third party website using links from our website; or
You linked to our website from a third party website.
- How we use your personal data
We can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. We will use your personal data, inter alia, for one or more of these reasons:
To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
If we have a legal duty to use your data for a particular reason, or
When we get your consent to use it, or
When it is in our legitimate interests which are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
To respond to your requests;
To provide services to you including customer services issues;
To send communications to you about our or our affiliates’ current services, new services or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you;
To alert you to new features or enhancements to our services;
To communicate with you about job or career opportunities about which you have inquired;
To ensure that our site and our services function in an effective manner for you;
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and outreach.
To send you important information regarding the website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/ or other administrative information.
Marketing and events: We use personal data/information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. We also maintain email preference centres for you to manage your information and marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
To investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of HITECH GROUP and the Users of our website.
Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal data/information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal data/information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
Under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence?
To respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, this may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
We endeavor to collect only such data/information that is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the data/information you provide is accurate, complete and current.
By giving your contact details on our website, mobile application or any other mode, you agree to receive communication from HITECH GROUP or any of its associate/ affiliate over email, SMS, phone call and/ or What Sapp.
HITECH GROUP reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to whole or any part of HITECH GROUP website and the related services or any portion thereof at any time without notice.
- When we share personal data
HITECH GROUP shares or discloses personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations. If HITECH GROUP intends to transfer your personal data outside, HITECH GROUP shall take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected and shall ensure that adequate safeguards are in place. We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you through our website (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
HITECH GROUP may disclose or share information about you to unaffiliated third-party customers of HITECH GROUP including but not limited to the entities mentioned below for the purpose of providing you products, services and offers of HITECH GROUP, its affiliates or Tata Group companies. For example:-
- a) Within HITECH GROUP: Our businesses around the world are supported by a variety of HITECH GROUP teams and functions, and personal data/information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data protection and security policies when handling personal data.
- b) Affiliates: Our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, group and associate companies. These entities may use this information for the purposes outlined above.
- c) Dealers: Our authorized dealers which are independently owned and operated. They may use this information for their everyday business purposes, including marketing, customer service, fulfilment and related purposes.
- d) Distributors: Our authorized distributors which are independently owned and operated. They may use this information for their everyday business purposes, including marketing, customer service, fulfillment and related purposes.
- f) Our third-party service providers: We collaborate with service providers around the world for any support needed. Personal data may be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us. Further, in case that we entrust the processing of your personal details to the third-party service providers, we select the third-party service providers who can maintain the appropriate or suitable technical and physical safeguards, and control and supervise such third-party service providers. We do not sell or rent your personal details to third parties for marketing purposes. However, for data aggregation purposes we may use your personal data, which may be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation would not contain any of your personal details. We may provide your personal data, such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, street address, city, state, province region, cookies, and IP address to third-party service providers we hire to provide services to us by emails, internet, etc. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to: payment processors, all centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies. We maintain the appropriate or suitable technical and physical safeguards in relation to the provision of your personal data to such third-party service providers. Whenever you request us the discontinuance of the provision of your personal data to such third-party service providers, we shall discontinue the same. If you want to obtain a copy of such safeguards or discontinuation of provision of your personal details to such third-party service providers, you may send us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we provide your personal data to any third-party service providers or receive personal details from any third-party, we make a record of such provision or receipt. Further, when we receive personal details from any third-party, we shall check the circumstances of obtaining such personal details.
- g) Third parties: We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
To protect our rights, users, systems and for providing any services.
- h) Within Tata Group Companies : We may also share your personal data/information within Tata Group companies to make their products, services and /or applications available to you through various platforms (including Tata Consumer Platform), to assist them in reaching out to you in relation to their programs or campaigns and to process your queries and requests. We ensure that these affiliates and Tata Group companies who handle your information comply with the applicable laws and their own privacy policies. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing, unless you explicitly opt-out. We may also disclose or share your personal information to unaffiliated third parties to provide you services and products.
- Where we store and process personal data
In some cases such as to provide the product or service you have requested, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal data within HITECH GROUP or to third parties, if required. When we transfer personal data/information to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal data/information protect it.
- How we secure personal data
HITECH GROUP uses appropriate technologies and procedures to protect your personal data. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. For example,
Policies and procedures: HITECH GROUP employs reasonable technological, physical and operational security procedures intended to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and updated in an effort to provide appropriate security for all the data collected about you.
We place appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data.
We implement appropriate security measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely.
We conduct privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal data
We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditions.
We conduct contracts and security reviews on our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information. Parents or guardians may authorize children to use our website provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such child including, without limitation, monitoring the child’s access and use of the HITECH GROUP site.
If HITECH GROUP learns that personal data of a child has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then HITECH GROUP may take the appropriate steps to delete such information. However, if you discover your child has submitted his/ her data to HITECH GROUP, you may request to have such data deleted from HITECH GROUP’s database by sending an e-mail request. Upon receiving the request, HITECH GROUP shall ensure to delete such information from its database.
- Your rights and your personal data
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal data/information.
In such cases, we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
The right to access information: At any point you can contact us to request the information we hold on you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month. There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same data may be subject to an administrative fee. You do not have to provide a reason for requesting access, but you will need to provide some reasonable proof of your identity.
The right to correct and update the information: If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
The right to have your information erased : If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purpose(s).
The right to object to processing: You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue to process your data. Even after you exercise your right to object, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights or to bring or defend legal claims.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought. You can withdraw your consent easily by telephone, email or by post.
The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Representative.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
You can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal data/information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, HITECH GROUP takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
- Protection of the Data Provided
HITECH GROUP may disclose your personal data in good faith or whenever necessary to comply with a legal obligation or if disclosure was required by any law or by order of any competent court or statutory authority, to protect and defend the legal rights or intellectual property rights of HITECH GROUP.
- Your Obligations